Adult Student Information
Adult students who attend a government school are required to have a Working with Children Check (WWCC) through the Department of Human Services (DHS) as a condition for enrolment.
If you are under 21 years of age on the 1 January 2021, you can study any of the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Auslan, Bosnian, Chinese, Croatian, Dinka, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Nepali, Persian, Polish, Pitjantjatjara, Punjabi, Serbian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
If you are 21 years of age or over and do not require this subject for your SACE, you are ineligible to enrol (Department for Education Adult Education Provision Policy). Exemptions apply to adults enrolling into Auslan and Australian Languages.
If you wish to study at the School of Languages you need to do the following:
- Read the enrolment information 2021.
- Complete the enrolment form and email to the Adult Enrolment Officer.
- Read the flyer and initiate the WWCC, according to the instructions.
- Email a copy of the WWCC to the Adult Enrolment Officer, who will then process your enrolment.
- A Confirmation of Enrolment package will be emailed to you and you may start attending lessons.
- An invoice will be posted to you.
Your enrolment will not be processed until your WWCC clearance is received.
*If you are over 21 years of age and attending an adult re-entry college (Hamilton, Marden, Northern Adelaide Senior College, Thebarton) your enrolment will not be processed until your WWCC and SACE Student Pathways Plan (SPP) have been verified by your re-entry college.
The relevant information and forms are below. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact the school on 8301 4800 or email@example.com